top of page
Church Dome

Minister of Religion

Find out how we can help your application to enter the UK on a long term basis with a Visa for Ministers of Religion. 

Minister of Religion Immigration Solicitors in Manchester 

Our team of experienced immigration solicitors can help you find out which type of visa you need to apply for and help you submit your application. We have worked with businesses within Manchester and cities across the United Kingdom to successfully obtain UK Visas. We also correspond with the relevant legal bodies and provide clarity on government guidance, processes and eligibility criteria. Our dedicated team can help you speed up your Exceptional Talent visa application by ensuring that all required documents and supporting evidence are correctly organised. 

Who can apply for a Minister of Religion Visa?

This category allows a limited number of people who have been offered a job in the UK within a faith community.

This includes but is not limited to:

  • minister of religion

  • missionary

  • member of a religious order

To apply for this visa route, the applicant must have a certificate of sponsorship for their job from an approved licensed body. Whilst in the UK, it is also expected that you are able to support yourself financially through savings or other financial means. This is because you will not be entitled to public funds. You must also be able to prove your knowledge of English by completing and passing an English language test.​

What are the requirements for a Minister of Religion Visa?


Visa applicants must prove several documents with their application, these include:

  • Current passport and/or other travel documents 

  • A separate passport photograph 

  • A certificate of sponsorship for your job

  • Evidence that you have enough personal savings to support yourself in the UK, for example bank statements (unless your certificate of sponsorship shows your employer can support you)

  • Clear tuberculosis (TB) test result letter, if the applicant is from one of the countries on the Home Office's TB testing list.


Each case will demand unique evidence to prove your eligibility, therefore exact requirements may vary depending on your circumstances. We recommend speaking to an immigration lawyer for expert advice. 

To receive a free initial assessment of your suitability for a UK visa, speak to a member of our immigration team today. 

Book your free initial case review with a legal expert today

Browse our latest Legal Updates

bottom of page