top of page
Business Meeting

Temporary Worker Visa

Our team of experienced immigration solicitors can support your application for a Temporary Worker Visa to enter and work in the UK. Find out more here. 

Who is eligible for a Temporary Worker Visa?


Temporary worker visa allows entry to work in the UK in a number of different circumstances, such as for charity workers, entertainers, diplomatic staff, and sportspeople. Applicants need a job offer from an employer with a valid sponsorship license in the UK. Nationals of certain countries can come under the Youth Mobility Scheme and can gain entry without a job offer.

What types of Temporary Worker Visas can you apply for?

There are a number of different immigration routes under the temporary worker visa depending on your circumstances. These include charity workers, creative or sporting individuals, government authorised workers, temporary workers, religious workers. Our team of expert immigration lawyers will be able to advise which route is most applicable for your circumstances. Find out more about these immigration routes below.  

  • Temporary Worker - Charity Worker Visa

Individuals eligible for this visa must be employed by a charity or non-profit organisation. The job taken should be directly related to the sponsor charity's work. Applicants must have an unpaid/voluntary job offer and a certificate of sponsorship from a UK charity with a valid sponsorship licence.   


  • Temporary Worker - Creative and Sporting Visa 

The Creative and Sporting Visa is for very highly skilled workers who have a job offer as a sportsperson or creative worker such as a musician or actor in the UK. It is important that the individual holds a certificate of sponsorship from a UK employer with a valid sponsorship licence. 

  • Temporary Worker - Government Authorised Exchange Visa 

These are for workers who wish to undertake work experience, training, academic research or a fellowship, and to take part in an Overseas Government Language Programme. Prospective workers should be coming to the UK through an approved government authorised exchange scheme.

  • Temporary Worker - International Agreement Visa

Individuals eligible for this visa must have a job offer that is covered by international law, such as embassy and diplomatic household workers, and a certificate of sponsorship from an organisation with a valid sponsorship licence. This category includes workers under the General Agreement on Trade in Services (GATS) and similar agreements. 


  • Temporary Worker – Religious Worker Visa

This is a very unique visa that applies to individuals who have been offered a job, such as preaching or work in a monastery or convent, by a religious order in the UK. Our experienced solicitors have dealt with several cases with unique and specific requirements to meet the strict guidance set out by the Home Office. 


  • Youth Mobility Scheme Visa 

These are for workers aged 18 - 30 from a limited number of countries who wish to live and work in the UK for up to 2 years. The current scheme replaced the Working Holiday visa, though it's important to note that far fewer people gain entry under the new scheme.

Evidence to support Temporary Worker Visa Application


Prospective applicants must provide several documents with their application. These include but are not limited to:

  • Current passport and/or other travel documents 

  • A separate passport photograph 

  • Proof that they can meet the maintenance funds requirements for their visa, such as bank statements 

  • Clear tuberculosis (TB) test result letter, if the applicant is from one of the countries on the Home Office's TB testing list, found here.

Speak to an experienced member of our legal team today to get a full list of documents required for your visa immigration route. 

Browse our latest Legal Updates

bottom of page