top of page
Financial Graphs

Tier 1 Investor Visa

Our team of immigration solicitors can help you submit an application for a Tier 1 Investor Visa. Speak to a member of our team today to find out if you're eligible. 

Tier 1 Investor Visa Solicitors in Manchester 

Our team of experienced immigration solicitors can help you find out which type of visa you need to apply for and help you submit your application. We have worked with businesses within Manchester and cities across the United Kingdom to successfully obtain Tier 1 Investor Visas. We also correspond with the relevant legal bodies and provide clarity on government guidance, processes and eligibility criteria. Our dedicated team can help you speed up your Investor visa application by ensuring that all required documents and supporting evidence are correctly organised. 

Who can apply for an Investor Visa?

The Tier 1 (Investor) category is for high-net-worth individuals making a substantial financial investment in the UK. You can apply for this visa if you have at least two million pounds (£2,000,000) in funds available to invest in active UK businesses. The funds must be held by a regulated institution, such as a bank or venture capital firm, and must be free to spend – not tied up in securities, shares, or similar arrangements.

To apply for an Investor Visa you must be able to prove: 

  • you are over 18

  • you have at least £2 million in funds available to invest

  • the money belongs to either you or your husband, wife, unmarried or same-sex partner

  • have opened an account at a UK regulated bank to use for your funds

  • Your funds must also be 

    • currently held in one or more regulated financial institutions

    • free to spend (‘disposable’) in the UK

Which documents are needed for an Investor Visa application?


Tier 1 Investor applicants must provide several documents with their application, these include:​

  • Current passport and/or other travel documents 

  • A separate passport photograph 

  • Clear tuberculosis (TB) test result letter, if the applicant is from one of the countries on the Home Office's TB testing list

  • A criminal record certificate from any country they have lived in for more than one year in the past ten years 

  • Evidence that you have an account at a UK regulated bank to use for your investment funds

You'll also need to provide evidence that you have the required investment funds of at least £2million. If it is your own money you'll need to show: 

  • The amount of money you have

  • Where the money is currently being held

  • Where the money came from if you’ve had the money for less than 2 years, for example if you inherited it from a relative

  • That the money can be transferred to the UK (if it’s not already in the UK)

  • The money can be converted to UK currency

If the money belongs to your partner (your husband, wife, unmarried or same-sex partner) you may need to provide additional evidence including: 

  • a marriage certificate or civil partnership agreement

  • in the case of unmarried or same-sex relationships, proof that you are in a long-term relationship (at least 2 years)

  • a statement from your partner confirming that they will allow you to control the funds in the UK

  • a letter from a legal adviser stating that the declaration is valid

Each case will demand unique evidence to prove your eligibility, therefore exact requirements may vary depending on your circumstances. We recommend speaking to an immigration lawyer for expert advice. We can support your application by ensuring that the correct documents are compiled and evidenced where required. 

To receive a free initial assessment of your suitability for an Investor visa, speak to a member of our immigration team today. 

How long is an Investor Visa valid for?

Individuals who are granted entry via the Innovator Visa route are allowed to stay in the UK for a period of up to three years. Depending on the amount of investment, individuals may be entitled to apply for indefinite leave to remain in the UK. Additionally,  there are accelerated routes to indefinite leave to remain if you have invested more than £2 million pounds. 

The amount of investment will dictate when you can apply for indefinite leave to remain in the UK:

  • £2 million investment – you can apply for indefinite leave to remain 5 years in the UK

  • £5 million investment – you can apply for indefinite leave to remain after 3 years in the UK

  • £10 million investment –  you can apply for indefinite leave to remain after 2 years in the UK

Speak to an experienced immigration solicitor


With business visa and immigration advisors based in Manchester, we keep in close contact with our clients throughout the process. Our extensive experience in business and working visas will guide you through the process of submitting your visa application to the Home Office.

Browse our latest Legal Updates

bottom of page